I want to take a minute and mention Laura's friend, Randy Miles. Recently, in the last few months, Laura and he have been hanging out. Playing tennis, going hiking, visiting the coast. From the time Laura began to feel ill, to entering the hospital Randy was there for Laura and has been at her side constantly. If he leaves and returns, Laura's eyes and tone immediately seems more relaxed and content. This is a very awkward time to introduce him to the family, but there aren't any words to express how important he became. In this scary time, he provided much needed comfort. More later.
Hey Laura, be strong. Headaches and surgical pain are distracting, but keep your eyes on the prize - I will trade you jobs when you get back. Your recent adventure has talked me into it. You've earned a life of chai tea whenever you want it. Love you a ga -jillion! ~CAthie
ReplyDeleteLaura, I love this picture of the two of you and the coast is one of my favorite places in the world.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had some advice for the pain - no one should have to go through what you are. If we could all pitch in to bear a little of it, you know we would. I go back to what I said on Saturday, that this illness has no idea who it's dealing with. We've heard of "one day at a time," but I am a firm believer in one hour, or even a minute at a time. Break it down how you need to, and know you have our collective energy and prayers directed at you.
Love,
Teresa
Laura,
ReplyDeleteHang in there. I am so sorry for the constant headache. Know that we would all take the brunt of the pain for you if we could. Let Randy know that he has our support and praise. When I saw you on Saturday and you introduced me to Randy, I loved your description. You told me, "He has moved up from boyfriend status to saint status." I am so glad that he is there for you. It probably means I should get on Match.com here soon so maybe I could find someone as great:) You are always giving me a bad time about getting out there.
Keep being strong to fight this tough battle. We are right there behind you all the way. We miss you like crazy. Take care and best wishes.
Love,
Shannon
Hey BEAUTIFUL Laura -
ReplyDeleteNo more nose tube - that's got to make you feel like a million bucks! Sorry to hear about the headaches. Keep resting and getting stronger. Love the picture of you and Randy - he is one FAN-TAS-TIC guy and it's easy to tell that he adores you to pieces. I love you lots and will stop by soon to see you.
Heather D
Like... Hi, Laura! TKing here. You need to stop advertising for that match.com site. Randy seems like a pretty great guy, but that is because you are such a great woman! What does that say about me? You know the kind of success I had on that site:) I do miss telling you about all my dating misadventures. I'm taking a break from it all right now.
ReplyDeleteI miss you, Laura. We all miss you. I look forward to when you are seeing visitors.
Tricia
So you don't like a tube up your nose, huh? Guess you won't become a cocaine addict any time soon.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the photo of you and Randy. You are an amazing couple, certainly exemplifies what love is. You are truly blessed to find each other.
Your in my thoughts and prayers constantly.
Love you lots,
Cindy L.
And Alan, thanks so much for doing this!
ReplyDeleteLaura,
ReplyDeleteKeep your head up. I'm glad to hear that they took those things out of your nose, I bet they're uncomfortable. Besides, they would get in the way of your beautiful smile. I am sending you tons of good vibes and hope to come visit soon. Keep on keeping on girl!! Love you!
Randy, Alan and the rest of the family. Thank you for everything that you're doing for our girl! Is there anything that you need or want? If so, please let me know. lmsmyers@gmail.com
Teresa Myers