
Today Laura was transported to the clinic where she will receive radiation treatments and then they brought her back. At the moment this process is a bit of an ordeal because she is still recovering from surgery (can't bend and her stomach is in pain), plus she still can't move on one side of her body. At the clinic they fitted her with a mask to align the radiation zapper (the technical term) to target the correct areas of her head. She will receive a total of 10 treatments over the next two weeks. We hope that the treatments shrink the growth and gives her back her mobility. If it could be taken away so fast, maybe it can be given back.
Today, of everything else in the universe (as she puts it) all she wants is for them to remove the tube from her nose. We just went through this with Mom's unexpected surgery last June. That was all Mom wanted as well. Hopefully it will be out tonight.
Laura's room is starting to be decorated with flowers and gifts from people. Plus she has a stack of get-well notes from the school that she will get to read soon! Thank you everyone for your love and well-wishes. It means so much.
Thankyou Allan -
ReplyDeleteHearing updates on our beautiful Laura gives us some comfort. Your blog is a hit. Thankyou so much.
Heather Devine and Sandy Epperson
Thanks so much for the updates Allan.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers and thoughts are with Laura, and with you & family.
with so much love swirling around this girl, there's no way she can fail! While our healing thoughts are focused on Laura, I know that the stress involved in caring for a loved one can be tough. All of you are in my thoughts, as well, Tom, Allan, Mary, and Thomas. You just let me know if there is any thing I can do for you.
ReplyDeletetons of love,
Allison
You and yours are in our thoughts. As a survivor, I do know the stress of this disease. Laura, you are in our thoughts and prayers-constantly.
ReplyDeleteIf we can help, please ask!!
Jim and Gloria Hueske
HI Laura!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI’m checking every day all about you. Is good that you are now out of UCI. I know that the radiation is not nice but I just want tell you, be strong, all is for your recovery, you need be strong for you, your boys, your father, your brothers and all people that love you. I hope you’ll be better.
DANIEL
All our love to Laura and you all, from me and all of us here in the family.
ReplyDeleteTim
Hi Laura,
ReplyDeleteSending you healing thoughts and much prayer... You're one tough cookie ~ You Go Girl! I too appreciate your brother posting the blog ~ Thank you.......
Love ya! Tonya
Hi Allan,
ReplyDeleteThank you, Allan, for setting this up. Laura, you are my beautiful actress! Anyone that can put on a news cast like we did when we knew it all can't help but succeed! Lots of love to you all. Keep strong and know so many people love you and are with you even from afar. Here for you always.
Hey Girly!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking about you every day and I know that you are working hard to get well. Know that LMS is not the same without you.
Sending warm thoughts and prayers your way. Feel it!
Teresa
Hey Laura,
ReplyDeleteMissing you much. I didn't have my buddy to gripe to about TAC today when it was going soooooo slow:) (Not that you have anything to do with how it runs.) When I saw you were fitted for a helmet, I thought about the Martian guy from Looney Tunes:) I am sure it makes you look beautiful:) I am so glad that things are progressing so well. You are a fighter and you will get that tube out and get your mobility back. You have two very important reasons to keep your hopes high and have the strength to endure, those precious boys of yours. My family is sending you lots of positive vibes and many prayers. Good luck with the first radiation treatments. Rest and get your strength back and make them give you good drugs:) Love you.
Alan,
Thank you again for putting this blog together. It is such a positive way to learn about how Laura is doing; as well as, a place for others to express their great love of your sister. Make sure to take care of yourselves. When I was the caregiver in the hospital for my daughter, it was very easy to be so focused on the person you are helping and forget to take good care of yourself. I wish you and your family all the best. If there is anything that we can do please let us know.
All my best,
Shannon Witty
Hey Missy,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say my thoughts are with you today and always. I know you are one tough lady and will do your best to get past this. Lincoln is not the same without you and I do miss giving you a bad time (and you know you miss it too!) so I want you to know I am pulling for you.
If there is anything I can do for you or your family, please do not hesitate to ask. We NEED you back. I am keeping positive thoughts for you. Take care my friend.
Love ya! (bet you never thought McConnell would tell you that aye Missy???)
Pat
Laura (rolling my r's),
ReplyDeleteThings are so boring without you around. I'm missing my radio calls from you. You know, the ones where you won't say what kind of hazardous substance I have to clean. I'm thinking of some good movie dialog to stump you when you get back.
Stay tough and catch all the positive vibes we're sending you. We love you, and are impatiantly awaiting your return.
Love ya,
Greg