Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Goodbye to our beloved Laura


I can't really bring myself to write too much, but today, December 9, at 4:50AM, Laura left this Earth. She was peaceful and sleeping, when she took her last breath. The only thing harder was seeing her in pain. She looked peaceful, beautiful and angelic. We will miss her so much.

A memorial is being held in her honor on Saturday, December 12 at 2PM at the Cottage Grove High School Cafetorium 1375 S River Rd, Cottage Grove, Oregon 97424.

Flowers for the memorial may be sent to:
Bradley and Wesley Meador
236 W. Madison Ave.
Cottage Grove, OR 97424

12 comments:

  1. Allan,

    Is the memorial service in lieu of a funeral or in addition to one? The Houston contingent is trying to make plans to go up there if at all possible.

    Uncle James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allan, none of us can believe this. Our hearts are broken, and I can't stop thinking about Brad and Wes, and how they must be feeling right now.

    All of you are in my thoughts, and I will see you on Saturday. Love to all.
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allan and Family,

    I never got to see Laura in the hospital (poor timing), but I can tell you that she was the greatest mom, co-worker, friend, human being. She loved so many other things, (laughter, that which she appreciated from others or that which she gave others). She prided herself on doing a good job at work and after not having been in the job market for a while was a bit nervous when she came to Lincoln, but wow! who would have ever known?

    I will be so happy to finally meet you all.

    What a very special, talented,loving, compassionate woman she was......she's in the arms of the angels.

    Brad and Wes can only be proud of their mother, once they are old enough to grasp the whole concept and all the love that she had for them. She was so patient with their unbounding energy and curiosity. When I would run into her in the market or she would bring them into school on a rare occasion, she was mom extraordinare...so natural,spontaneous, patient and loving. She never wavered in her priorities. Her children were her number one.
    And anyone who knew her knew that.

    Love to you and the family.....a friend and co-worker at Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allan,

    She spoke about you with such love. She said you were a a great friend in addition to being a great brother. Her trips to visit you came with such excitement, and she was really proud of you.

    It was a blessing to finally meet you, as well as the rest of the family. She ADORED her boys with every fiber of her being, and every decision she made placed them first. What a mom; what a human being.

    We had great talks, when it was just the two of us left in the building. She shared her aspirations to teach, and I shared mine with her. We joked about what we would do when "we ran the world," and we laughed a LOT.

    The world is better for having had her in it. We grieve for you, her children, the family. We too miss our friend, our colleague, and our sister.

    Be gentle with yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MISSING YOU.
    LOVE,
    YOUR BIG SISTER
    KELLY

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing that makes this comprehensible is knowing that your suffering is gone and you are at peace. You've touched so many people with your electric character, your fire for life, your incredible sense of humor, and your beauty..both inside and out. Those are the memories I will hold dear to my heart. I mourn for your family and send my deepest sympathy. I'll miss you my friend.

    Valeri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what to say or make of this.
    I can't let the tears come because i need to make the arrangements to get there for saturday. Laura, i am so, so, sorry. Why? Why? Why?
    I really do not understand this at all. And now the tears are coming.
    Laura lynn, you were the most precious and beautiful blue eyed baby girl. I used to stare at you in your crib in wonder at your sweetness and beauty. I used to visit you at grandmas and walk over and babysit my baby cousins at your parents house. You would stand up in your crib and hold your arms up to me and I would pick you up and you would wrap your arms around me and rest your head on my shoulder . Our bond was so pure and loving.I was fourteen years old, and you opened my heart in a way almost no one ever has. Remember how I used to sew you clothes? Later when you were in Las Vegas I would ride the greyhound bus with Leah and my sewing machine in tow. I'd spend a week hanging out with grandma, Allan, Thomas, and Uncle Tom and sew you clothes. I loved doing that. After my mom passed, your Dad watched out for me. I watched out for you guys. You were my family in those days when I was lost at sea with my two babies and having lost my mom and dad.
    You became the big sister for Leah.
    I was so disappointed you didnt make it to Neals wedding Laura. I'm glad i got to see you with both your boys when they were 2 and 4 in your cute little house. You were so proud of that little house. So happy to be a mother. I am so glad I got to be at BOTH of your weddings.....You were such a vision with the dress and all the bumblebees caught in your veil! Us sitting in the hot sun drinking beer together on your wedding day! I treasure that afternoon, with all the joy and promise you had in your soul,
    I have so many memories flooding in.......I know they will keep coming in the days and years to come.
    Wherever you are Laura, you are so, so, SO loved. You always were, and always will be. I hope you are in a wonderful place and filled with divine love and bliss.
    I hope you will visit me in your dreams, and find a way to stay with your precious boys in their dreams and hearts.
    Rest in peace, Laura Lynn, Rest in peace darling.
    all my love,
    your devoted cousin Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you for sharing Laura's story and all the beautiful photos of her and her children. As a mom of two young children, I cannot imagine...

    Best,
    Joanna Bartlett-Gustina
    Communications Specialist (Foundation)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Overwhelming shock, sadness and grief. I only learned of Laura's illness and this horrible tragedy today. I thought there was no way this could be the same Laura I know....so full of life, funny, beautiful, such a wonderful mom and friend. She will be missed, remembered and never forgotten. My heart goes out to her family and especially the boys. They were her treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura was an awesome lady. She would often ask me what she could do to get in better shape at the gym. Better shape? You are beautiful and perfectly in shape I would tell her. I also appreciate her patience and kindness during the many..many times I would have to call Lincoln school for one thing or another. Always friendly and willing to assist!! I will miss seeing her at the gym on the treadmill and behind her desk at Lincoln. Rest in Peace Laura...

    ReplyDelete
  11. There was a beautiful service today for Laura. She lived by me and my family for 5 years or so. She was always happy and upbeat. It is a sad thing for a beautiful wonderful mother like Laura to leave this earth so sudden, and her sons are in my prayers. I will be praying for Chad, Wes, and Brad. All the support goes out to them in this hard time. May the Lord give Chad the strength and love to be the best provider for the boys. My heart goes out to them.-Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Family & Friends of our Beloved Laura,

    I am a former High School classmate of Laura's and just learned of this tragic and very saddening news. We have lost a beautiful soul here on Earth and have gained an Angelic Spirit up in Heaven to watch over us.

    My heart is truly broken for our loss and may God continue to grace you all with strength, peace, love and a lifetime of beautiful memories of all Laura helped to create during her short-time here with us.

    ReplyDelete