Sunday, December 13, 2009

A call for stories, pictures, and anecdotes about Laura



Thomas here. I am beginning work on a full-color book about Laura's life. It will be a joyous, funny and uplifting chronicle of her journey from her youth in Las Vegas to proud motherhood. It will be profusely illustrated with photos and mementos. The hope is to create a permanent testament to the light that she brought into everyone's lives.

But I can't do it alone. I need your input!

If you knew Laura and have a funny, happy or exciting story to share about her... send it my way! If you have a picture of Laura that brings a smile to your face or warms your heart... send it my way! I want to include as much as I can of Laura so that her children and her future grandchildren will have something to remember her by. The more people who contribute, the more well-rounded a portrait we will obtain of our wonderful Laura.

The target date for publication is July 29, 2010... her 38th birthday!

I will regularly post updates about the book on this blog. If you have something to contribute, please send it to sunflowermemories@gmail.com.

Thanks so much! I hope that, with your help, I can create the definitive book about a woman who has been an inspiration for so many.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Thomas, what a wonderful idea!

    I am posting a poem here, by an LMS student. This is the same student who showed Allan the comics she'd written.

    By Karstyn:

    Love Is Strong

    For ALL things
    we lost or found
    like important items or things
    that we love

    We'll all try to fight
    the sadness, the blues,
    and the tears
    to heal our broken hearts

    Our love is stronger
    than the universe
    Our love is softer than a dove
    We'll fight our fears away

    ReplyDelete